Top-five, all-time, desert-island records

In no particular order:

  • Shpongle - Nothing Lasts, Nothing Is Lost
  • Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
  • Tangerine Dream - Dream Mixes
  • Introspective - Gewesen
  • Aleksi Virta - ..Meets Tortsi At The Space Lounge
And because we all know five albums isn't enough to live on, here are the next ten runners-up.
  • Pat Metheny - The First Circle
  • Depeche Mode - Playing The Angel
  • Fahrenheit Project - Part Two
  • Fahrenheit Project - Part Five
  • Giles Reaves - Nothing Is Lost
  • The Orb - Orbus Terrarum
  • Beethoven - The Sixth Symphony
  • esem - enveloped
  • esem - serial human
  • Shpongle - Tales of the Inexpressible
To be honest, even with these fifteen, I would be wanting.  Toad The Wet Sproket. Some of esem's singles. Seal.  Red Hot Chili Peppers' BSSM.  Engima.  And a metric buttload of other electronic artists.

But these lists are about restrictions, right?

Anyway, I mention this because, despite loving all this music so much, I recognize that new music is important.  Of late, I have felt like my collection is lacking something, but couldn't put my finger on it.  I've realize what that is, though: something new.

[shrug]

The human condition, I suppose.

No comments: