A Belated Political Rant

Okay, I know this message is two-plus years late, but:

I just saw a bumber-sticker that said "John Kerry: You decide, I agree." I thought this was positive, until I noticed it was alongside a whole bunch of other conservative bumper-stickers, including "Doing my part to piss off the heritic left."

This frustrates me to the point of pissing me off.

This was a common argument, back when Kerry was running: "he's wishy-washy", was the common refrain. The brunt of this complaint, however, was that he shift his opinion based on the popular opinion.

Let me restate that for emphasis:

Kerry shifts his opinion based on the popular opinion.

Okay, WHAT THE FUCK?!?

Isn't this what an elected leadership is supposed to do?!? Maybe it's just me, but I was under the impression that elected officials were there to represent the people. So how is it bad that a leader is influenced by her constituancy?

It baffles.

No comments: