A Closer Look at Thyroxine

From wikipedia:

"The thyronines act on the body to increase the basal metabolic rate, affect protein synthesis and increase the body's sensitivity to catecholamines (such as adrenaline)."  (Empahsis added.)

No wonder my inhaler made me so bloody dizzy the other day.  The medicine I'm taking is actually just a dose of thyroxine (thus the name, "Levothyroxine").

Other than that, I just feel profoundly funky, and I was browsing this article trying to figure out why.  ...Apparantly there are a myriad of possible reasons for it... my entire system is being mucked with at a very low level.  I'm not sure I'm enjoying it.  ...Though I do feel much better than a month ago, there's a bunch of bizarre side-effects that seem to be concomitant.  [shrug]


powered by performancing firefox

No comments: