New Year's Resolutions Update

  • Eat Little Sugar: Not doing great, yet. Eating less sugar, but that's not what I set out to do. On the other hand, I've gone on three agressive walks in the past two days (one of them with 1/3rd jogging).
  • Take a College Course: Holy shit, I registered! My declared major is "Biotechnology", but the first course on that track (Chemistry) requires math and writing, and I need to jump through hoops to prove I got that at U-Mass. As a result, I decided to go with my second (and as-yet-undeclared) major, and take Drawing I. In fact, I just now paid for the course. I am officially a College Student, once again. I even went to the campus today and talked to an adviser, who was quite helpful. ...To be honest, this is freaking me out. First class is January 14th, and it's on the sub-optimal Montoya Campus. Again, I say: holy shit.
  • Learn Hindi (for Real):it's amazing what flash cards will do for your vocabulary. I made some yesterday for "Lesson 1.2", which is where I've been stuck, and after 3 goes through the "deck", I was able to read the chapter text without looking anything up. As a result, I've learned how surprised Pratap was that his room as large, clean, and airy. He was also shocked that the cupboards were empty. I'm on the edge of my seat!
  • Buy no more video games this year: I even canceled my pre-order of "Force Unleashed". How's that for willpower?

No comments: