Heroes

Damn: add Gandhi to my list of heroes. I'm a little ashamed that I didn't remember him earlier. I've long been a believer in what he did.

Brilliant guy. The fact that he found such brutally effective ways to counter the British occupation of India and Pakistan just astounds me, and his personal sacrifice is something to be thoroughly admired. He's one of my favourite human beings.

I was reminded of him in a conversation with friends about heroes. Specifically, the question:

If you could be any person, past or present, who would you be?

My answer to that was "an artist, in the future, where the ability to create is intimately facilitated by technology."

A friend of mine pointed out that almost everyone--including women--choose men.

Who would you be?

Why are men more "respected" in history?

No comments: