The Big Five, Part III: Extroversion!

Extroversion is characterized by positive emotions, surgency, and the tendency to seek out stimulation and the company of others.

Heh.  Yeah: not so much.

The interesting thing is, that, in Myers-Briggs terms, I've learned to "activate" my extroversion.  My default stance is strongly introverted, but when I need to, say, GM, or talk at work, or teach, I can "turn it on" and give a fairly good performance.

However, I once heard a wonderful characterization of Extroverts versus Introverts: E's get their energy from people and spend it when they're alone, and I's get there energy alone, spending it when they're with others.  (Of course, both of them eventually need both states, but still.)

I definitely get my energy from introspection.

I would give myself a moderate negative score in Extroversion.

No comments: