KOTOR, again

So, recently, I've been on a really heavy Star Wars kick. I don't know why... it's just try. Aching for a good role-playing game, I decided to pull out my copy of KOTOR and try it again. My employer recently gave me a notebook PC, and I was curious to see if I could get it running. It ran.

I have to say, I really enjoyed it this time around.

The first time I played it, my opinion was basically quite negative, because I found it redundant. I gushed over the plot-twist, but the rest of the game left me yawning.

Knowing this, I turned on cheats and made myself invulnerable and gave myself super-strength and weapons with ridiculous damage. I did this because combat was boring and tedious. It worked. It gave me a chance to sit back and enjoy the setting. ...I also went through it much faster.

I decided to bring the two droids with me everywhere I went, since I was invulnerable and didn't need the jedi. THAT was worthwhile. : )

A lot of fun. In fact, I'm contemplating doing it again.

I tried to pick up KOTOR2, but I hear it doesn't run under Vista, and it isn't readily available at local stores, anyway. But when I get my new MacBook (I told work I didn't want the PC, so they obliged), I will try running it via Parallels (or some-such). I'm told KOTOR2 was less than revolutionary: just more of the same, basically. ...And, knowing that, I'll just click on the cheats and have fun in the universe...


...I would still prefer a local face-to-face game, though. : |

1 comment:

Victor said...

Not Parallels -- Bootcamp. Parallels is virtualization software, like VMWare (and I like VMWare more). Bootcamp is what lets you dual-boot. You won't get much performance under virtualization, and hardly any hardware acceleration for the video.