PhotoPainting

So, I discovered that Painter allows something called "Photopainting". Essentially, it's like the "painted" filters in Photoshop, but on steroids... and then you can easily paint over the results. At first, I thought... god, this is cheating... there's no skill involved here!

Then I said... wait a second, this is exactly the effect I was going for in my older stuff.

So I decided to give it a shot. And in 15 minutes, I had something better than any of those older pieces (click to embiggen, of course):


There is actually a good amount of painting involved, here. The basis took all of five seconds (totally NSFW source)... the 15 minutes was spent defining the image and adding detail (with a "brush", not filters).

I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, it's certainly the result that matters. ...This image, and thousands more like it, are what I've been aching to get out of my head and onto the screen (or paper, or canvas). I'm just not sure how I feel about how easy it is with Painter.

Strangely, it makes me a little sad. I've been working really hard at learning to draw... and with this tool, I could completely skip all of that.

Hmmmn.

No comments: